Popular posts from this blog
One of my favorites by Jim Rohn
BRAND NEW BLOG Edit Date: 07/10/2019: I am Amanda Rios. I am a Specialist in School Psychology, in the state of Texas. I have a husband and fur babies (a Maltese, a poodle, and an inside cat). I am on this life journey, hoping to inspire people along the way! I am a doctoral student at the Chicago School of Professional Psychology in the Ed. D. Educational Psychology and Technology program. This blog is bringing together my passions: motivational content, psychology, and education. Any questions, comments, or concerns, feel free to ask away!
Hi Amanda!
ReplyDeleteThis article is an example of research that supports what parents (and teens) already know! When my youngest first entered middle school, the local school district decided, in order to save money on school buses, to start elementary school at 7:30, and middle and high schools at 8:30. It made a huge difference for my kids to be able to sleep a little later in the mornings. They were alert and talkative, and did better in school. Thanks for sharing this article!
Hi there, Jennifer:
ReplyDeleteOur school district had middle school start later than high school and the results were amazing! Test scores went up and behavioral incidents decreased. While this was a move in the right direction, the high school students started at 7:30am which I felt was not a great thing as sleep is different for teenagers. Thank you for this comment. I love reading articles like this one to better help advocate and research for our students! :)
-Amanda