Popular posts from this blog
One of my favorites by Jim Rohn
BRAND NEW BLOG Edit Date: 07/10/2019: I am Amanda Rios. I am a Specialist in School Psychology, in the state of Texas. I have a husband and fur babies (a Maltese, a poodle, and an inside cat). I am on this life journey, hoping to inspire people along the way! I am a doctoral student at the Chicago School of Professional Psychology in the Ed. D. Educational Psychology and Technology program. This blog is bringing together my passions: motivational content, psychology, and education. Any questions, comments, or concerns, feel free to ask away!
Hello Amanda. Though I love every aspect of the beach, I never thought about the psychological health benefits of visiting the beach and enjoyed the article. Since I only live a about 3 blocks from the beach and run on it often, I think I will need to end my runs with a small relaxing moment to appreciate the sounds, small, energy, and visual of the beach and the benefits the provide.
ReplyDeleteCongratulations on your blog. It is a very uplifting site. You mentioned that you have attempted blogging before. What led you to consider it and what were the challenges in continuing the practice?
Thanks, MItch
Thank you so much for this feedback, Mitch. I greatly appreciate it! :) I have tried blogging before in the past, but it did not quite workout. I was wanting to create my own original content and found that time was a factor that hindered my blogging process. Now that we had this blogging assignment for class, I am wanting to get back into it and see where it leads me! Mental health awareness is something that has always interested me so I feel that the overall arching theme for my blog is the subject of mental health!
DeleteAlso, I love the beach! I grew up close to South Padre Island and did not go as often as I would like. Now that I live in Houston, I miss South Padre Island and go every time I visit family. I also currently live near Galveston Island, but it is not as nice looking as South Padre so I rarely make the drive out there. And of course, when time permits, I love visiting Destin, Florida. The beach there is beyond beautiful! :)
Thanks again for your feedback,
Amanda
South Padre is such an awesome place. A lot of people from my high-school in Wisconsin went there. What a wonderful opportunity. As you mentioned, I think there are so many of us that are focused in our own routine and do not always leverage the opportunities in front of us. I presume there are many New Yorker's who have never been up the Stature of Liberty.
DeleteIt is hard for me to do anything too regularly and when I do, it often becomes a chore. I admire those who can journal, blog, etc. regularly. Maybe this time will be different for you.
Thanks, Mitch
I don’t have to imagine the beach today as I am off to the beach for some sun and fun with my son. As I am nearly out the door, I could help but think of your research post about the benefits of visiting the beach!
ReplyDeleteThanks, Mitch